APRIL 2017 BAUHAUS AUTOMOBILE SWEEPSTAKES
NO ORDER OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. AN
ORDER OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION. The APRIL 2017 BAUHAUS AUTOMOBILE SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is a chance sweepstakes where a 24-month lease for a Mercedes-Benz C300W Sedan will be awarded to one winner based on a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The 24-month lease on the Mercedes-Benz C300W Sedan will be awarded by BAUHAUS FURNITURE GROUP, LLC, 1 Bauhaus Dr, Saltillo, MS 38866 (“BAUHAUS” or “Sponsor”) as a prize and the Sweepstakes will be administrated by
- The Sweepstakes is only open to individuals who are registered as “Buyer(s)” by the High Point Market Authority for the April 2017 High Point Furniture Market (“Entrant(s)”) and: (a) are at least 21 years of age at the start of the Sweepstakes Period; (b) have registered in person at BAUHAUS’ showroom at 430 South Main Street, High Point, NC during the Sweepstakes Period, and (c) have presented at the time of registration a validly issued buyer’s pass by the High Point Market Authority for the April 2017 High Point Furniture Market. Employees of BAUHAUS and its affiliates and subsidiaries, including the Lim family companies, and their fulfillment, promotion and marketing agencies (collectively “Sweepstakes Parties”), and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void in any state where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and rules.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The “Sweepstakes Period” begins April 18, 2017 at 8:00:01
a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“DST”) and ends April 26, 2017 at 11:59:59 a.m. DST.
- HOW TO ENTER. Entrants must visit BAUHAUS’ showroom at Suite 200, Atrium on Main, 430 South Main Street, High Point, NC during normal show hours and get their Buyers’ passes scanned at the sweepstakes desk to enter the sweepstakes. THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF VISITS TO BAUHAUS’
- RANDOM DRAWING. One (1) winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depends on how many eligible entries are
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. BAUHAUS will award a 24-month lease for a 2017 Mercedes- Benz C300W Sedan (“Vehicle”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $14,000.00. Winning entrant (“Winning Entrant”) must enter into the lessor’s standard lease agreement and Winning Entrant is responsible for all obligations under the lease except the payment of the 24-month lease fees paid up front by Winning Entrant acknowledges
that BAUHAUS is not the lessor of the Vehicle and BAUHAUS is only paying for Winning Entrant’s contractual right to lease the Vehicle directly from the Vehicle’s lessor. Prize is not transferable. No alternative prize, cash, or other substitution is permitted, except by BAUHAUS in the event of prize unavailability. Specific features of the Vehicle, including color and options, cannot be guaranteed and are subject to local dealer availability at the time the lease is negotiated. The Vehicle will be available for delivery at a location in Guilford County, North Carolina specified by BAUHAUS. The Total Approximate Retail Value of the prize is $14,000.00.
- VEHICLE AWARD CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Winning Entrant and Winning Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded leased Vehicle. Except where prohibited by law, the Winning Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the leased Vehicle constitutes permission for BAUHAUS to use said Winning Entrant’s photograph, likeness, statements, biographical and employment information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating and accepting possession of the Leased Vehicle, Winning Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and BAUHAUS’ decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official
The Winning Entrant will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) a Publicity Release form, including proof of employment in the home furnishings and design industry as a buyer, retailer, wholesaler, specifier, importer/exporter, developer, architect, decorator or interior designer, proof of holding a valid driver’s license, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within seven (7) days of acknowledged notification. By taking possession of the Vehicle, the Winning Entrant agrees to release, discharge and not commence any lawsuit or claim against BAUHAUS, its members, managers, officers, employees and agents, based on any bodily injury, death or damage to property, arising out of the Winning Entrant’s use or possession of the Vehicle.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. Potential winners will be required to respond to the Winner Notification email or a phone call within seven (7) days. The Sweepstakes winner will be required to execute and return a witnessed Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) a Publicity Release form. All required forms must be completed and returned within seven (7) days of receipt. Failure to return required forms in these time periods will result in such winner being disqualified and subsequent drawing held to pick an alternate. Any prize notification or prize returned to BAUHAUS as undeliverable for any reason will be forfeited, and BAUHAUS shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate. All Federal, state and local taxes are sole responsibility of winners. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, likeness and statements for publicity without additional compensation or
- DISQUALIFIED ENTRIES. BAUHAUS is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be
BAUHAUS reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. All entries submitted become the sole property of BAUHAUS and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Selected winning, or alternative winning, Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless BAUHAUS, and its officers, managers, members, employees, representatives, affiliates and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of the leased Vehicle, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the leased Vehicle, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the leased Vehicle, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. BAUHAUS reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. BAUHAUS shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the leased Vehicle or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of the leased Vehicle, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, BAUHAUS reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of North Carolina. By entering, Each Entrant consents to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of North Carolina for the resolution of any and all disputes. Each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event shall attorneys’ fees be awarded; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant herby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of- pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and
BAUHAUS in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether the State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
- All personal information collected by BAUHAUS.will be used for administration of the Sweepstakes, and business and marketing purposes by BAUHAUS and will not be sold or given to third-parties for use other than in connection with the promotion of the Sweepstakes and its results.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. BAUHAUS’ computer is the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. BAUHAUS reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by BAUHAUS in its sole discretion. In such event, BAUHAUS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage BAUHAUS or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, BAUHAUS reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law (as well as disqualifying such individual, if appropriate). BAUHAUS’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. These Official Rules (or any other Sweepstakes materials) may not be published elsewhere without the express written consent of BAUHAUS, which may be withheld for any
- WINNER’S NAME. The name of the Sweepstakes winner will appear on BAUHAUS’ web site bauhausfurnituregroup.com
- DRAWING OF WINNER’S NAME. The drawing of the winning Entrant’s name will take place at BAUHAUS’ showroom at the Atrium on Main, 430 South Main Street, Suite 200, High Point, N.C. on April 26, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, and will be published on BAUHAUS’ web site on April 27, 2017. THE WINNING ENTRANT DOES NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO